It's the little things.....
Once apon a time, I lived in Bloomington. One night, we had an after hours party at our apartment, and all my Chili's friends were there, drinking beer, playing cards, socializing.....and the music played. The next morning, I couldn't find one of my cd's.....and it was one that i loved ever so dearly. Ben Harper, "Live From Mars", two-disc set....and now, the 2nd disc was gone. I mean, I realize i still had the 1st one, but the 2nd one was so good, and mellow, and I loved it. I searched and searched, asked if anyone had seen it, but no luck. Eventually, I moved into a house in Naperville, and then into an apartment....but i never forgot about that cd. I would look at it when I went shopping, considered replacing the set, but then I'd have two of the 1st one, and i didn't really want to spend the money.....so i just went on with life, learned to live day after day without my cd. Recently, I even listed it in the "Discs I want but don't have" section of this very blog. Ron Jeremy hooked me up with some of those entries, and I love all of the discs he sent me, but still, in the back of my head remained the memory of Ben Harper Disc 2 that I had lost years earlier......Two months ago, I moved to Streator, and have been gradually working on a house, painting, moving stuff in, and unpacking. Last night, in the wee hours of the morning, I sat on my living room floor and unpacked a box of cd's....I went through every case to make sure the right disc was in there, and upon opening a case made for a burned copy of the Best of Pearl Jam, I laid my eyes upon the most beautiful treasure I have seen in a long time.....my Ben Harper "live from Mars" Disc 2!!!! There it was in all it's glory!!! I wish I could have seen my own face when I found it......it had to have been priceless. You would have thought I'd won the lottery! The really pathetic part of this prolonged story, however, is that I so badly wanted to call someone to share in my joy, but the rest of the world was sleeping, so I popped Ben in my dvd player (my sterio is broken) and listened to his beautiful voice through my tv.......my cd and I have spent a majority of the last 22 hours together....and after years of being missed, disc 2 has come back to me
The End
The End


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home