Big Decisions and Little Creatures
I have been a psycho, sick mess for the last five days. Jason and I started house hunting last week. What a can of worms we opened! Last Wednesday, we looked at our first option, and let's just say it would have cost us our future children's college funds to fix all that needed to be fixed! Saturday we looked at one that we fell in love with.....all the big money items were updated and new...it was cozy and cute with lots of potential. We were sold. Monday we went to the bank. Tuesday (while at work), I made phone calls and received phone calls (in between doing EKG's and running to the bathroom for what I like to now call "The House-Buying Shits") Tuesday afternoon we went back to the bank, proceeded to make an offer, and before the night was over, even increased our offer. Today I woke up puking and called in sick to work. More phone calls, a counter-offer from the owner, and a small nervous breakdown later, we came to realize the house will not be ours. I'm only a little sad, but even more relieved. I'm taking that as a sign that it was not meant to be. We have some financial things to get in order, and maybe a little research to do. Neither one of us have ever done this before, and saying that we're clueless would be putting it nicely. However, we are optimistic that something better will come along and at least now we know what this huge, exhausting, nauseating process involves. Jason is probably the best man in the world for putting up with my spastic outbursts....he remains calm and reassures me that everything will be fine. If I were him, I would have pushed me off the cliff by now!! (I love you, baby!)
Why didn't anyone warn me about theses Big Girl decisions I would have to make? :)
In other, somewhat unrelated news......I got in my car yesterday after work and rolled the windows down to ventilate what had become a sauna. I pulled out the hospital parking lot and proceeded down the road with a cigarette in one hand and my phone in the other (I know, safe right?)....I was talking to Jason about the bank, and out of the corner of my eye I see something run out from underneath the passenger seat and across the floor mat. I stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the road, leaned over, and staring back at me was a small bird sitting in the corner on the floor of my car. I put my car in park, jumped out and walked around to the passenger side and opened the door to try and shoo this little creature out of my car. Yeah, it wasn't having that. It ran back under the seat, and then I couldn't find it. I knew I couldn't stand in the middle of the road all day, so I got back in and drove home at 5 mph looking around cautiously so as to be prepared if the thing decided to start flying around pecking at my head. I pulled into the driveway and opened both passenger side doors to find it now sitting on the floor in my backseat behind a giant mirror that I have not unloaded from my car. Jason pulled up and asked what I was doing....."Trying to get this bird out of my car".....Jason looked in and said...."He's just a little guy".....as if I care about the size of A BIRD IN MY CAR. Jason went and put on a big yellow glove like the zoo worker guests on some late night talk show, and then leaned in to try and....I don't know...catch it? I opened the other two doors and every time it flapped it's wings I screamed (yes, the third grade scream).....the thing finally flew out, although it was surely confused, seeing as how I just drove it like 8 blocks away from it's family!!
The End.
Why didn't anyone warn me about theses Big Girl decisions I would have to make? :)
In other, somewhat unrelated news......I got in my car yesterday after work and rolled the windows down to ventilate what had become a sauna. I pulled out the hospital parking lot and proceeded down the road with a cigarette in one hand and my phone in the other (I know, safe right?)....I was talking to Jason about the bank, and out of the corner of my eye I see something run out from underneath the passenger seat and across the floor mat. I stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the road, leaned over, and staring back at me was a small bird sitting in the corner on the floor of my car. I put my car in park, jumped out and walked around to the passenger side and opened the door to try and shoo this little creature out of my car. Yeah, it wasn't having that. It ran back under the seat, and then I couldn't find it. I knew I couldn't stand in the middle of the road all day, so I got back in and drove home at 5 mph looking around cautiously so as to be prepared if the thing decided to start flying around pecking at my head. I pulled into the driveway and opened both passenger side doors to find it now sitting on the floor in my backseat behind a giant mirror that I have not unloaded from my car. Jason pulled up and asked what I was doing....."Trying to get this bird out of my car".....Jason looked in and said...."He's just a little guy".....as if I care about the size of A BIRD IN MY CAR. Jason went and put on a big yellow glove like the zoo worker guests on some late night talk show, and then leaned in to try and....I don't know...catch it? I opened the other two doors and every time it flapped it's wings I screamed (yes, the third grade scream).....the thing finally flew out, although it was surely confused, seeing as how I just drove it like 8 blocks away from it's family!!
The End.


2 Comments:
ahahhahaha...even though i already heard the bird story...it was way funnier in writing...and i can just hear your 3rd grade scream...ahahha....
i'm a big girl now...
the big yellow glove comment reminded me of our party with ms. poopy pants and you put your yellow gloves on and did some clean up! :-) ha
Post a Comment
<< Home