The Year I turn 30....whhhaaatttt????
Happy New Year everyone....Time starts a-flyin when you get older. Jason had to work, so I spent the holiday eve at his sister's house with the rest of his family. All the little kids were banging pots and pans with wooden spoons and plastic utensils, and it seemed to me that it wasn't that long ago I was doing the same thing with my brother and sisters at my grandma's house after watching Gone with The Wind and drinking some fake bubbly in the cheap plastic champaign "glasses" that you had to "put together" before using........ahhhh, the memories.
Anyway, midnight came during the hot poker game in Jason's sister's kitchen, and not long after, I lost, so this year is pretty much the same as all the others so far (hahaha).
I am very grateful for my family and my friends, and no matter how much money I have (or don't have), I am a rich woman for knowing the people in my life. I hope the year is good to you all.......
I tried to start one resolution today, but have failed already. I wore the nicotine patch all day (my brother-in-law was kind enough to care about my health and bought them for me for x-mas), but i have smoked two cigarettes since dinner. I do intend to quit, and I know I say it all the time, but I really want to be healthier this year. I mean, I'm turning 30 in less than two months, and let's face it.....Father Time is not kind to your body! I'm sure when I start my Cardiopulmonary Diseases class this semester, quitting smoking will be a little easier! That's what I'm hoping anyway....I also want to lose the beer gut that seems to have grown bigger in 2006.....Not sexy.
I do hope that you all have a great year...Please know that if you are reading this, I love you and wish you the best! Happy 2007!
Anyway, midnight came during the hot poker game in Jason's sister's kitchen, and not long after, I lost, so this year is pretty much the same as all the others so far (hahaha).
I am very grateful for my family and my friends, and no matter how much money I have (or don't have), I am a rich woman for knowing the people in my life. I hope the year is good to you all.......
I tried to start one resolution today, but have failed already. I wore the nicotine patch all day (my brother-in-law was kind enough to care about my health and bought them for me for x-mas), but i have smoked two cigarettes since dinner. I do intend to quit, and I know I say it all the time, but I really want to be healthier this year. I mean, I'm turning 30 in less than two months, and let's face it.....Father Time is not kind to your body! I'm sure when I start my Cardiopulmonary Diseases class this semester, quitting smoking will be a little easier! That's what I'm hoping anyway....I also want to lose the beer gut that seems to have grown bigger in 2006.....Not sexy.
I do hope that you all have a great year...Please know that if you are reading this, I love you and wish you the best! Happy 2007!


3 Comments:
I love you too! Here's to a healthier, skinny 2007!
Gebby is it really you? It's Becky. The last time I saw you was at my wedding in Utah. I would love to catch up. I will check out your blog later and see if you are interested in catching up. B
Becky...where have you been all my life???? I would love to catch up!!! email me at jkgeb@yahoo.com
can't wait to here from you!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home