Monday, January 15, 2007

Wasting time that could be spent on the treadmill....

Okay...so I don't want to work out today for some reason. I mean, I know I will because I'm determined to get fit, but sometimes it's just the idea of spending the time walking or running....uuggghhh! I always feel good afterwards, and when I don't do anything for a day, I feel incredibly guilty....I am having a huge issue with this guilt thing. I don't know what it is. Friday night was my x-mas party for work, and I smoked some cigs, then Saturday we went out for lunch and had burgers, I smoked again, and then we had McDonalds for lunch. OMG, just thinking about it gives me a stomach ache. I felt like I should have fasted all day Sunday to make up for that crap day, but of course, I didn't. I was very aware of what I ate, though. And, no cigarrettes...they don't even do it for me anymore...I think it's cause the whole time I was smoking one, it tasted like shit, and I kept thinking about how hard it was going to be to breathe when I was working out!

It's a little easier that all of Jason's neices are also dieting...they are all doing Weight Watchers, so Jason's mom makes us substitues for things now.....like yesterday for Sunday dinner, she made pepper steak with egg noodles and mashed potatoes, but for us, she made rice to eat with the steak. And we just ate mostly rice with a little meat. My downfall was the dessert, though. She made this truffle thing that I actually gave her the recipe for years ago....it's layers of mini chocolate brownies, strawberries, chocolate pudding, and whip cream...she said she saved a bowl of just plain strawberries for me, which i ate, but i also had a weak point and had to have a taste of that dessert....it's so freakin good! I vowed to walk an extra mile on the treadmill today, so I guess that is what I will do!

I haven't weighed myself since Jan. 3rd, either, mainly because I weighed myself that day on my step-mom's digital scale (which is very accurate), and I haven't been there yet to re-weigh myself....I'm kinda scared anyway, because I don't feel like I've lost anything, and I don't want to be disappointed. I have a scale, but it's from like the 1950's and it's way off so I don't even care what it has to say....I want to buy one of those digital scales, but haven't got around to it yet.......

Anyway....Sorry to bore you all with Tales from Tubbyville!! Have a good week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

It is hard to get yourself motivated to workout!!! Having a workout partner is always good. I also like to take classes at the gym or you can do videos at home - those seem more entertaining than the treadmill...although I like to do the treadmill at the gym because it allows me to people watch there - and let me tell you, it's quite hysterical!!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, I did finally get on there today, and although I didn't go as long as I told myself I should, I still did something! Although, besides that, I've done nothing but lay in front of the television all day, so I'm not sure how great it really is that I did a little cardio....

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home