Tuesday, January 30, 2007

***NOT SUITABLE FOR CAT LOVERS!*****

So, we got our cats tonight in lab for my Human Anatomy and Physiology class. I remember when my mom was going to nursing school and brought hers home for a while. She kept it on the shelf in the basement. I guess I never remembered it being so "stiff" (no pun intended!)



This is seriously what it looks like......



You could literally pick it up and club someone over the head with it if you wanted to....not that you would. It would probably really hurt, and even though it's totally disgusting, I am laughing and wincing at the same time while picturing someone actually being clubbed over the head with a dead stiff cat.

I can't get the smell out of my nose, and we didn't even touch them tonight....we just had to tie a little label (with our name on it) around one hind paw and the bag. The instructors said we could name the cat, too, if we wanted to. WHAT? I'm laughing again just thinking about it. What the HELL would I name a dead smelly cat that I'm going to cut up???

This should get interesting....I'll keep ya posted. Wait till we have to observe actual cadavers ( is that how you spell that??)....you know what I mean...dead bodies. Human dead bodies. yeah.

7 Comments:

Blogger dana0225 said...

I think you should name it Phoebe, since she wrote Smelly Cat. And I'm cracking up that you were laughing thinking about hitting someone with that thing!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Dude, that is rank... let's think of a name... What about Captain Gingersnap?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Professor Catington,

or Mike

5:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I laughed out loud at all of your comments! Thanks for that! Good ideas, too.

Dana, good point with Phoebe

Scotty, two very good names at both ends of the originality scale

Amy, yours made me think that as I'm cutting into my cat, "I'll throw him HIGH into the air....." :)

Kristi, sorry about your lunch :(

9:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

hahahaha - I like Scott's!!! hahaha, Professor Catington... crack me up!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

ahahalkjdjafdljf...also laughed out loud at this post and comments...i totally remember when mom brought hers home...

5:05 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Omg Jen. That's so weird. I can't wait to see what name you go with. It also reminds me of when I reached down to pet Fraiser and he was dead and stiff which led to me making shelly touch it too...i wanted a second opinion that it was dead-lol

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home