Movie Reviews
Okay...Jason was working last night, so I decided to rent a couple of movies....The first one I watched was Brokeback Mountain.
I rented it mainly because Jason was at work and I knew that would be the only time I could watch it...What is with guys and the gay thing? If it were a movie about 2 lesbian cowgirls, he would have been all about it. Anyway, I will say that it was a little much. I mean, I knew what was coming, and still don't think I was prepared. The movie itself is actually beautiful...and I'm talking about the photography (or cinematography). Very vived colors and landscapes....But, I think I will tend to look at Heath Ledger and Jake Gillenhaul very different now. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay men...I'm just not sure I want to see their intimacy. I used to think Heath Ledger was the the hottest thing around when I first saw "10 things I hate about you", but then I saw "Monster's Ball", and I saw him in a very different light. In Brokeback, I kind of had to feel sorry for him....Jake was kind of the creep. Not sure I liked his character. When it was over, I felt like maybe I should take a shower or something. Oh, and I was thinking about something the whole time....Why did Hollywood have to pick these two beautiful men to play these roles? I mean, I get it, but it ruins them for me a little. Why couldn't they have picked someone I don't care about, like maybe Danny Devito and Steve Guttenberg?? It could have been titled, "I'm short and fat, and Broke His Back Mountain" Just a thought......
Anywho, the second movie was "The Family Stone". LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this movie!! It is now among my favorites. I don't think it ended up being very big, but it is really good and surely worth renting...I would even buy it. There are a lot of big names in it....Sarah Jessica Parker, Clare Danes, Luke Wilson, Diane Keaton. Anyway, it is funny and kind of sad....I was crying at the end. It is a little predictable, but still good. I love the way the family is put together. In one scene, Luke Wilson (who I love) is trying to get Sarah Jessica Parker to learn how to relax, and he says to her "Here's the thing, Meredith....You HAVE a freak flag, you just don't fly it..." That's my favorite line from the movie.....If you haven't already watched it....rent it.
Thus concludes this edition of Siskel and Gebby....later.
I rented it mainly because Jason was at work and I knew that would be the only time I could watch it...What is with guys and the gay thing? If it were a movie about 2 lesbian cowgirls, he would have been all about it. Anyway, I will say that it was a little much. I mean, I knew what was coming, and still don't think I was prepared. The movie itself is actually beautiful...and I'm talking about the photography (or cinematography). Very vived colors and landscapes....But, I think I will tend to look at Heath Ledger and Jake Gillenhaul very different now. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay men...I'm just not sure I want to see their intimacy. I used to think Heath Ledger was the the hottest thing around when I first saw "10 things I hate about you", but then I saw "Monster's Ball", and I saw him in a very different light. In Brokeback, I kind of had to feel sorry for him....Jake was kind of the creep. Not sure I liked his character. When it was over, I felt like maybe I should take a shower or something. Oh, and I was thinking about something the whole time....Why did Hollywood have to pick these two beautiful men to play these roles? I mean, I get it, but it ruins them for me a little. Why couldn't they have picked someone I don't care about, like maybe Danny Devito and Steve Guttenberg?? It could have been titled, "I'm short and fat, and Broke His Back Mountain" Just a thought......
Anywho, the second movie was "The Family Stone". LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this movie!! It is now among my favorites. I don't think it ended up being very big, but it is really good and surely worth renting...I would even buy it. There are a lot of big names in it....Sarah Jessica Parker, Clare Danes, Luke Wilson, Diane Keaton. Anyway, it is funny and kind of sad....I was crying at the end. It is a little predictable, but still good. I love the way the family is put together. In one scene, Luke Wilson (who I love) is trying to get Sarah Jessica Parker to learn how to relax, and he says to her "Here's the thing, Meredith....You HAVE a freak flag, you just don't fly it..." That's my favorite line from the movie.....If you haven't already watched it....rent it.
Thus concludes this edition of Siskel and Gebby....later.


4 Comments:
Cracking up about your new movie title! ahahahahah
And I LOVED Family Stone, cried but it is now a favorite of mine too.
dude...my wife convinced me to watch brokeback....i can't resist that little puppy dog look she gives when she wants something.
First thing - there is NO WAY that Jason would have finished this flick.
Second - we watched it when it was bright outside, so luckily we couldn't really see what was going on in that first tent seen becaus of the glare. thank God!!
Third - if you can get past the nastiness, I thought the movie was just really boring. REALLY boring.
After the show was over I had this feeling of being on the verge of gagging or even close to throwing up in my mouth. your sister owes me big time Jen
Love ya!!!
Family Stone was good but I hated SJP's character.
I also think Diane Keaton is too much.
yeah...Tony, you're right, the flick was boring...Scotty, I too did not like SJP's character...I mean, how can someone be that rude?? but i like Diane Keaton, and i thought she was a funny mom!
Post a Comment
<< Home