Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Kind of mellow tonight.....

So I'm just feeling kind of....I don't know....meloncholy???? Is that even how you spell that? Sometimes I just feel like the things I want in life are so unattainable....I was reading a magazine article the other day about this woman who always wanted to be a photographer, but she never told anyone, and she became a lawyer....anyway, she decided to try her photo career, and I guess she was really good....she had an open house so all her friends could view her work, and she won some contests, and it was like her dream come true....and I found myself reading this article and thinking..."yeah, that's awesome, I can really do that, too!"....But then at the end, she decided that it would be really hard to make the kind of living she was used to on selling photography, so she continued being a lawyer and just took photos for a hobby. I was kind of sad after reading it, I mean, not that I thought she should give up a very successful job to take pictures, but it was like a reality check, ya know....I mean, I've always said that if I were to win the lotto or something, I would just buy a jeep or something cool and drive around the country taking pictures, and then put them in a big coffee table book or something....but the thing that sucks is sometimes you have to be rich to actually WORK your dream job....WHAT? I don't know....I don't even know what I'm talking about, just rambling.....I guess the thing that sucks its that I hardly take pictures anymore just for a hobby....I miss that. I wish I had a decent (manual) camera to just experiment with....I wish I had time to take another darkroom class...I loved that stuff.......I don't know.....I took that picture up top in Minnesota at one of the lakes...when I look at it, I can't decide where would be the best place to be sitting.....In the chair, just reflecting on things, or in the boat getting ready to actually go somewhere. Deep thoughts.......



This photo is totally off the subject of my blog, but I had to post it because my man looks like a freaking hottie coming out of that window!!! I didn't take his picture, and they weren't at a real fire....they were training at an old house and one of the guys snapped the pic......HOT!

1 Comments:

Blogger dana0225 said...

You are an awesome photographer, you need to start taking pictures again. I love the picture you took at the top! And the one of Jason is so cool, I am cracking up at Tim's expression though.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home