I wish I were a Bear
I'm still here. I know it's been a while, but as I said before, no computer at home....that's all about to change, though. I recently accepted a position in Respitory Therapy at St. Mary's Hospital....I will be working with other therapists while going to school. Well, I won't really be going anywhere, as the the school is all online...hence the computer situation. I will have to buy one soon so I can study in the privacy of my own home. Home...that's another story too. I'll get to that one in a minute. Anyway, I am very excited about my new job. The hopital pays for all of the schooling and the only catch is that i have to work for them for 3 years after graduation. I will be taking a pay cut from what i make at Walgreens, but after graduating, my pay will more than double, so in the long run, I will be making fat cash. I start orientation on December 19th which will last about 2 to 3 weeks. Then I'm not really sure what my shift will be until I receive my letter explaining all of this, but from what I understand, I will be working 6:30 pm to 3:00 am three nights a week. So, after much thought and nerve wracking worry, I came to the conclusion that I cannot survive on 3 days a week, and as much as I would love to quit the chaos that is Walgreens, I can't really give up the money there. My boss seems to be more than happy to accomodate my schedule and let me work part time, so as of December 19th, I guess I will be working at the hopital and at Walgreens, all the while trying to school myself at home. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about my bartending job at the Moose, yet, but I really don't see how I will have time to work there also. It's cold, I'm tired all the time, and I seem to get really depressed in the winter, which is why I titled this entry as I did....I want to hibernate all winter long, and not wake up until Spring....although I absolutely hate being stuck at work when it's nice out, so I guess I should have just wished to win the lottery.
As for the home situation, Jason and I are slowly preparing to move into his parents basement. The house we live in now is really small, and we're paying more than we'd like, so we're moving for now so we can hopefully get caught up on bills and things before we buy a house. It really won't be bad, because I will be working all the time anyway, and my house is always a mess with no time to clean, do laundry, or cook.....and jason spends most of his time at his parent's house anyway, so it's a logical plan.
I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I can't believe Christmas is almost here. Doesn't seem like it at all......I guess that's it for now. More updates to come on the work situation. Later.
As for the home situation, Jason and I are slowly preparing to move into his parents basement. The house we live in now is really small, and we're paying more than we'd like, so we're moving for now so we can hopefully get caught up on bills and things before we buy a house. It really won't be bad, because I will be working all the time anyway, and my house is always a mess with no time to clean, do laundry, or cook.....and jason spends most of his time at his parent's house anyway, so it's a logical plan.
I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I can't believe Christmas is almost here. Doesn't seem like it at all......I guess that's it for now. More updates to come on the work situation. Later.


2 Comments:
It's good to hear how you are doing! Congrats on the hospital program, that's cool.
yeah! You got it! All my relatives will miss you at the Moose though!
Post a Comment
<< Home