The Great Depression
I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know if it's just a bad time of the month, or if it's hormones, or what....but i am not feeling so happy go lucky. I could burst into tears sometimes at the drop of a hat, and did, in fact, this morning when Jason got called back into work, therefore ruining our two days off together....Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my 10 year class reunion is in a couple of weeks, and I keep thinking about the last ten years of my life and how i'm not really where I always wanted to be career wise, education wise, or financially. Isn't it funny how time gets away from you? Anyway, enough reflecting....I don't want to cry anymore today....
On a lighter note, Jason and I went to the horse races in Arlington a couple of weeks ago on a bus trip with the VFW, and I now am hooked on horse betting. Granted, I haven't bet on them before that day, or since for that matter....but that shit is fun!! I never knew how exciting it could be watching horses run around a track...but when you've got money on them, you are all about it. I started picking horses for their names...names like "Pixie Poo", "Gin Makes U Sin", and "Gary the Neighbor". When that didn't work out too well, I actually started looking at their stats and the odds. The last race we all made our bets, and Jason pointed out a horse by the name of "Little Bit'o Fudge"....we didn't bet on it, but we should have....That damn horse won with odds 25 to 1....we would have walked away with some dough.
Also, our house has become the new arcade....We already have a poker game that you plug into the tv, but recently, Jason purchased Pac Man that you plug into the tv, too. So now when i walk into the back door after work, I usually hear the bleep, bleep, bleep sound of Miss Pac Man....it also has other games on it, like Pole Position....and Jason later informed me that you can also buy Pitfall....Had I known this earlier, I wouldn't have left the store without it. When I went back to get it, it was no where to be found, so he was either getting my hopes up on false pretenses, or it was sold out. I love Pitfall......aaaahhhhh, the Eighties.
Anyway...I guess that's it for now. I laid in bed today until 1:00, and only got up to buy cigarettes and McDonalds, then got online to tell about it....Nice.
On a lighter note, Jason and I went to the horse races in Arlington a couple of weeks ago on a bus trip with the VFW, and I now am hooked on horse betting. Granted, I haven't bet on them before that day, or since for that matter....but that shit is fun!! I never knew how exciting it could be watching horses run around a track...but when you've got money on them, you are all about it. I started picking horses for their names...names like "Pixie Poo", "Gin Makes U Sin", and "Gary the Neighbor". When that didn't work out too well, I actually started looking at their stats and the odds. The last race we all made our bets, and Jason pointed out a horse by the name of "Little Bit'o Fudge"....we didn't bet on it, but we should have....That damn horse won with odds 25 to 1....we would have walked away with some dough.
Also, our house has become the new arcade....We already have a poker game that you plug into the tv, but recently, Jason purchased Pac Man that you plug into the tv, too. So now when i walk into the back door after work, I usually hear the bleep, bleep, bleep sound of Miss Pac Man....it also has other games on it, like Pole Position....and Jason later informed me that you can also buy Pitfall....Had I known this earlier, I wouldn't have left the store without it. When I went back to get it, it was no where to be found, so he was either getting my hopes up on false pretenses, or it was sold out. I love Pitfall......aaaahhhhh, the Eighties.
Anyway...I guess that's it for now. I laid in bed today until 1:00, and only got up to buy cigarettes and McDonalds, then got online to tell about it....Nice.


7 Comments:
Hey Jen....those "games you plug in to your TV"...they're called video games. Can you say V I D E O
G A M E S ???????????? :) jk love ya
technology is soooooo amazing! cheer up girl
hahahahaha....shut up. :)
first of all, I am a soon to be 27yr old college freshman so don't get too down on life.
second, I work my ass off for a Mexican restaurant where I know everyone talks shit about me in Spanish.
but life is still good when you can do anything you want like you could .
love you sis, cheer up
Cheer up! In a few weeks we will be doing some good gossiping at the reunion and partying like it's 1995. I'm thinking about wearing my Oakley's.
along those lines would be some of the reasons I am not going to my 10 year. I am pretending it doesn't exist...
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
Post a Comment
<< Home