Monday, July 18, 2005

HELLO, hello, hello....IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE???

So, I just looked at my blog and realized that it has been almost four months since i last posted. OOOPPS! Sorry...when you work all the time, and then only sleep or play poker when you are not at work, it's hard to keep up. Plus, Jason and I don't have a computer at home, so I have to travel to blog...lay off me.

Let me get you up to speed if i can. I still work at walgreens....yeah, the drug business is booming. Actually, for a while i was looking for another job cause i really started hating this one, but recently things have changed there slightly, and I've learned that I am a valuable asset to the Pharmacy....A couple of weeks ago we were slammed because all the WalGreens pharmacists in Chicago went on strike, so all of Streator thought we were going on strike, and they had to come get refills in case they couldn't get it for a while...so like the Wed. after the 4th we filled over 500 prescriptions, and it was nuts. My friend Connie and I basically ran our asses off, and we were both ready to walk out of there, but the managers changed some things after that. I now have a much better schedule, and I also learned that I'm up for a promotion to Senior Technician after only being there a year and a half. One person is not speaking to me, but oh well...I do my job well, and I'm not going to apologize for that.

I also now have a part time job bartending at the Moose Lodge in Streator. It's a fun job, the people out there are cool, and I can smoke and sometimes drink while getting paid....It's greatness. Jason and I are now official members of the Moose, which brings me to my next story that I promised Smell I would put on my Blog.

I had to go to an Enrollment Meeting before I was an official member. The invitation said that street casual clothes were permitted, but no denim, or mini skirts, or frankly, anything slutty. So I walk in there wearing a black shirt and khaki dressy capri pants and black flip flops....almost all the other woman were in skirts, dresses, heels and hose. So I already feel like a retard. One nice older woman showed me where to sit, and then asked my name. When I told her, she says, "oh, you're the bartender!" She then informs me to get a quarter and a dime ready cause I will need them later. So now I'm digging in my purse for change. She then tells me to walk up to the table and put my dime in the basket, then write my name on a little piece of paper, cause if they pull it later, i win all the dimes. Awesome. So now i'm holding the quarter in my hand the whole time cause i have no idea what it's for. The whole thing was very ceremonial. The "senior regent", or whatever the hell her name is, stands at her podium and reads off this paper, and then 2 woman come to the middle table and read out of these books, then open a big bible and place flowers on it....There we only 3 of us who were new...Me, this old woman in a yellow dress and big fancy jewlery, and this other girl who's probably in her 30's who walks in wearing blue jean shorts and tennis shoes...apparently she didn't read the fine print on the invitation. We have to stand up and recite some oath with our hands up like we about to take the stand in court, then we say the pledge of allegiance, then we sing the star spangled banner. Okay, here's what's funny. They said we were going to sing one verse, which what is just one verse??? And there was a "musician", which was some old lady in the corner with a tape recorder. So the musician hits play, and we start singing, when yellow dress lady apparently thinks she'll get a butt load of moose dollars for being the best singer.....she busts out the star spangled banner Opera style, and the whole time, i'm biting my lip to keep from laughing cause i don't want to get kicked out before i'm even in. In the middle of our "one" verse, the tape is off speed with our singing, so "musician" pushes stop, and everyone just keeps singing till the end. Then it was pretty much all Moose business till we all had to walk in this circle singing the Mooseheart school song, (which i didn't know) and put money in a basket for offering (which I assumed what the quarter was for and dropped it in).

When I got home, I told Jason my story, and opened my packet that I received with my door card and info, and a "welcoming gift" of a red rose pin that i will probably never wear....I was cracking up. this is the kicker....that damn meeting lasted an hour and a half, so when Jason had his two days later, I figured I would go out there and wait for him. I got off at walgreens at 7, went home and showered and changed and got to the moose at 7:40, and him and all the guys were at the bar drinking...there meeting lasted 15 minutes, if that, and they were all in jeans....i want to be on the guys side!!





random info:
Our neighbors found a pot plant growing in front of our house....No joke.


I just realized it's after midnight, and i have to work at 8am, so im going to bed. I promise i'll keep up on my blogs....well, i'll try. Oh yeah, Smell and Tony's wedding kicked some serious ass, and from what i remember of the night, it was the greatest party ever.

Later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

sven, i misses you! come see me! i'm so glad you blogged. so funny, i clicked on your link from shelly's site with my mouse right on the back button because i knew it wasn't updated, but lo and behold, i clicked 'back' and then did a double-take because i didn't see "update on the ole ticker" . so of course, i went back and read your stuff. dude, you are a member of the moose. alsdkjf;laskdjf;lakds i can't stop laughing. you're going to be bff with my grandpa & his lady soon!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

Was reading this at work and was laughing so hard I was crying. Can't beat fun at the old MOOSE club.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

1-I'm glad to hear your updates
2-The wedding was the best party ever-I like that you added "from what I remember"
3-A member of the Moose...really??

1:52 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

dude..the moose story is way funnier in person...thanks for sharing it on your blog so others could hear what i heard....
you know that one day you are going to be that old lady in the dress telling the new inductee what to do with her dime and quarter....

6:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

also, I just realized that since Mark was around your house while I was home, I am willing to bet that a few stray seeds found their way from his Jeep to your front yard resulting in that newly discovered weedstalk.

Just a thought. A random, unproven but very likely thought.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. serotonin toxicity ativan indiana pa cancer center zithromax online canada Insurance home business Wireless plans flat rate Free christmas greeting cards business long take zithromax cure chlamydia natural remedy for baby eczema area rugs and calgary car rental infant losing weight while breastfed ortho tri cyclen and zithromax

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Protein drink supplement fax machines http://www.gay-chat-8.info Sleeper sofas penney Java developer tools and servers for web services Discount leather coats fur women Xanax india prescription Retail furniture stores in tampa florida Ultram compared to opiates 7 card free internet poker stud Benji projector headlight Paddock chevrolet golf dome Best harddrive data recover software ultracet online Humidifier humidor online Current suppliers of didrex Lithium battery replacement lomita facial hair removal Liability insurance farmer s markets

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home