Sunday, August 27, 2006

NO REST FOR THE WICKED.....

I'm still not recovered from last week, and I'm starting all over again tomorrow.

I started school last Monday. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday all day. Thursday morning while driving to Peoria, I got a phone call that a dear friend from my past was dead. Sat through two hours of lecture, then drove home in a mental fog. I then went to work until 11:00pm, making phone calls and plans for the weekend. Friday I drove to Bloomington and met some old friends I haven't seen in a long time, too long. Went to a visitation.....then went to Chili's and drank to remember, and to forget. Saturday morning I woke up early to go to the funeral, visited with some friends, and drove back to Streator. I had a small breakdown while walking out of the church after the funeral....and by breakdown, I simply mean that I could not stop crying....mainly because of the obvious, somewhat from fatigue.

I worked all day today, and tomorrow I'll be up at 5am to start all over again. (Minus the funeral, I hope). My body is aching, and I just can't get any rest......the life of a working student. I should be a professional at this by now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about your friend dude.

I start school in the morning,so much props to you and what you do.

I think if you added up our credits we may have a degree between the two of us.

3:36 AM  
Blogger dana0225 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
I'm very proud of you and what you are doing. I know I could never do both. I hope you get some rest soon!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Hang in there Jen

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home