Monday, January 23, 2006

Spring...where are you?

I know it's only January, but I am so sick of winter. I feel tired all the time, and I hate being cold. I felt sick yesterday, and slept all day...seriously, from like noon until it was actually bedtime, I slept, then slept somemore. I'm going to start excersising, so I'm thinking that will help with the no-energy problem, not to mention the growing gut problem.

Work is going okay. I'm getting ready to really start school. I'm still technically in orientation, so basically I just follow around another therapist and watch them give breathing treatments. I really like when we get called to a code in the E.R. cause its exciting. I feel like I'm actually on the show E.R. I know, I'm retarded. Today, I was allowed to stay in a room while the doctor was putting a chest tube in a guy. The doctor was really nice, and after finding out I was a student, he was explaining why he was putting in the chest tube....He numbed up the guys side by sticking a big needle in it about 5 times, and then he pulled out the razor to make an incision, and I had to leave the room. I got all hot and sweaty and almost passed out! I still didn't feel good from yesterday, so I think that had a little to do with it. I was a little embarrassed, but I think I would have been more embarrased if they had to pick me up off the floor. Connie, a lady I work with, came back to the office laughing....I told her I was sorry, and she said that after I left, the doctor asked what happened to her student. When she told him I didn't feel well, he said "Is she pregnant?" I hope I'll get another chance sometime to watch that....Connie said after I left, the doctor had stuck his finger in the hole he made in the guy's side, so I'm sure I would have hit the floor. I will never actually have to perform this on anyone (thank god), but it's a good learning experience to know how the chest and lungs work......I've never actually passed out in my life that I can remember, but today I came pretty darn close.

So that's about it. Jason and I are in the middle of moving to his parents...well, we really are at a standstill, cause our house is a wreck, and I have no energy to do anything at night. Hopefully we'll get some stuff done this week. I don't think I will be able to really start concentrating on school until we get that done. We both just want to be done with it, but neither of us are really "go-getters" when it comes to cleaning and packing our house. Especially in the cold and snow.....Well, I'm not anyway.

That's about all I've got....until next time...

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

tell dr. carter i said hi...i cant believe you didnt stay in the room for that...i LOVE watching surgeries on tv and stuff....although i guess in person it may have been a little more gross...
so are you pregnant...can i start that rumor...?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

nope...not pregnant. thanks.

ARE YOU???????!!!!!?????

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. xxx chubby mature hardcore Male pornstar Protonix compound guest house insurance queen mp3 fat bottom girls mazatlan + golf bbw Sm chunk black gay free + anal + sample + videos Eastern star dresses Botox for cerebral palsy Free videos of gang banged milfs Nexium causes numbness Zyrtec allergi bbw escort houston Penis enlargement pills in uk premature ejaculation pill external hard drives sioux indians ghost dance cisco password encryptation

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home