I write to you tonight with a nostalgic heart and a belly full of wine....Something in the air makes me want to recall distant memories. The thick scent of burning leaves swirls around my nose and makes me happy and, oddly enough, sad at the same time. Fall is here...The early sunsets burning the tops of the orange and yellow trees, toilet paper strewn around an unsuspecting neighbor's yard, the cool breeze sharp enough to make you want to wrap yourself in a oversized sweater. It is my favorite time of year...A time for reflection, it seems. Nature around me starts to surrender to change, and so I suppose I must follow. Bonfires and hayrack rides will soon be abandoned with the onset of winter. I believe this beautiful season won't stay long; it's visit rushed each year. So I will sip my wine and revel in the smells of this night...and remember all that this time of year brings to my heart....


3 Comments:
I don't think anything I can sy will describe how beautiful a scene this paints in my head.
My favorite season is upon us and the mild California climate does not produce such vivid
beauty.
thanks for this.
Beautifully written, there's nothing like an evening in the fall.
Ugh - Do I bash Streator and the people it still controlls, or do I quietly weep for the broken.....
I don't remember anyone fighting over me - but I know that my wife is happy with me and her ring that which you will never have the likes of....
Post a Comment
<< Home