Precious Twins
On Friday, October 27th, my brother and sister will turn 28 years old. I wish I could scan a cute picture on here or something to commemorate this special day, but I don't have a scanner.
I love my siblings and the fact that they came into this world just about four months before my 2nd birthday. I not only got a little sister, but a little brother as well. I was now the boss of two people.
Shelly came first, and then the doctor told my mom that there was another baby in there....that's right, My mom didn't know she was having twins until my brother came out four minutes later.
In our younger days if Shelly and I were mad at Scotty, we'd ask my mom why she just didn't stop after having Shelly :)
The three of us would play school, house, and make "mock" rock videos all the time. I think my favorite was when Shelly and I dressed in black dresses, slicked our hair back, and Scotty wore a white shirt and sang into a fake microphone to look like the Robert Palmer video......Or when we "surfed" on the arms of the couch to the Beach Boys "Surfin USA"....We were cool. Of course, Shelly probably doesn't remember any of this.....:)
Scotty grew up in a house with all girls....three sisters and no brothers. I always felt bad about that....but then him and shelly were always as close as he would have ever been with a brother. It's a twin thing I guess....one can feel shit when the other one gets hurt, or whatever....
So tomorrow when I see my sister and give her a giant birthday hug, I really hope it makes it to my brother in California!!!
I love you guys! Happy Birthday!
I love my siblings and the fact that they came into this world just about four months before my 2nd birthday. I not only got a little sister, but a little brother as well. I was now the boss of two people.
Shelly came first, and then the doctor told my mom that there was another baby in there....that's right, My mom didn't know she was having twins until my brother came out four minutes later.
In our younger days if Shelly and I were mad at Scotty, we'd ask my mom why she just didn't stop after having Shelly :)
The three of us would play school, house, and make "mock" rock videos all the time. I think my favorite was when Shelly and I dressed in black dresses, slicked our hair back, and Scotty wore a white shirt and sang into a fake microphone to look like the Robert Palmer video......Or when we "surfed" on the arms of the couch to the Beach Boys "Surfin USA"....We were cool. Of course, Shelly probably doesn't remember any of this.....:)
Scotty grew up in a house with all girls....three sisters and no brothers. I always felt bad about that....but then him and shelly were always as close as he would have ever been with a brother. It's a twin thing I guess....one can feel shit when the other one gets hurt, or whatever....
So tomorrow when I see my sister and give her a giant birthday hug, I really hope it makes it to my brother in California!!!
I love you guys! Happy Birthday!


4 Comments:
Happy Birthday Shelly & Scotty. I can remember being in one of your productions in your living room. It was the first time I spent the night (probably 4th grade) and I was so excited. We even had a blanket spread out to be the stage.
Thanks for the blog tribute sven, i'm so glad i got spend my bday with you and jason, and my husband of course, thanks for the props....and yes, i do remember those memories for once...
Don't forget surfing on the armrests of the couch. I got to participate in that. Happy birthday to scotty and shelly!
Thanks Hen!! You gals were pretty talented!
I was just an extra !!
Post a Comment
<< Home